2019 Results Click Here
Come out to beautiful Bear Creek Park this Thanksgiving for the inaugural Turkey Trot 5k run and walk. Each participant will receive a finishers medal and there will be snacks and prizes as well. Our featured charity is the Surrey Food Bank and we will be collecting food donation items at the event as well as making a donation to them. Below are more details about the event.
1. Dogs allowed? Yes you can bring your dog. Please keep them on a short leash and close to you at all times. Bring the means to pick up after him/her as well and make sure to keep an open lane for runners passing on your left. Some areas of the course are tight so keep that in mind.
2. Strollers allowed? Yes, the course is all terrain so keep that in mind.
3. Gear Check? No, you may store valuables in your car and parking is located close to the start and finish line. We do have limited space at the registration area if you just ask any volunteer there to store your bag they can put it behind the table.
4. I have pre-registered now what? Come race day and head to the registration booth, where you will find your bib number waiting for you listed under your last name. We suggest arrive at least 1 hour prior to race time.
5. Chip timed? Not chipped timed, but we do record your time and place and you will be able to see your age graded results a couple days after the event.
6. Are there awards or medals? We do not have an official awards ceremony. We do have finishers medals. After you have completed your event just ask for your medal at the finish tent or the registration tent.
7. Is there a time limit? We start to take down the course 1.5 hours after the start. But no official time limit.
8. Kids Dash? Yes, we have a free kids dash at 9:45am. We will have kids bibs we hand out before the run and you do not need to pre-register them. All ages welcome and parents can run with their kids. We will have a clock set out but it is not timed.
9. Can I register day of race? Yes, The cost is $10 more day of race so $35 for the 5k. We only accept cash or check.
Email us below if you would like to volunteer at the event. We can give free race coupons and sign off on hours.